We are accepting new students.
Position: Graduate Research Assistant
Due: Open until filled
Job summary: This position will provide research support to health informatics projects focusing on patient safety, health information technology, mental health, etc. The position offers opportunities for health informatics study design, behavioral study design, health data analysis, academic writing/publication/presentation, cross-disciplinary collaborations, and independent studies.
- Strong motivation.
- Master’s or Doctoral graduate students in good academic standing.
- Working knowledge in health/biomedical informatics, computer science, information science, statistics, or other quantitative fields.
- Basic understanding in health sciences, behavioral sciences, or social sciences.
- Good academic writing and oral communication in English.
- Working experience in at least one programing language (e.g., Python, R, Java, etc.).
- Working experience in data analysis (e.g., text analysis), machine learning, and statistical methods.
- Working experience in public health, medicine, and other fields in health sciences.
- Evidence of research training and experience (e.g., research assistantships, publications, etc.).
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience. The position offers office space, computers, tuition benefits, and other benefits in accordance with regulations at the University and Arnold School of Public Health.
- Send (1) a letter of interest, (2) CV, (3) contact of references, and (4) a copy of representative publication (optional) to Chen Liang (email@example.com).
- Include “RA application - your name” in the Subject.
Resources for Prospective Students
Arnold School of Public Health is home to $30.7 million in funding from external sponsors as of 2018 fiscal year. Students are exposed to a variety of research activities including mentored projects, cross-disciplinary collaborations, research seminars, and conference presentations. Sponsored by Office of the Vice President for Research and companies in partnership with Arnold School, numerous research grants, scholarships, travel grants, and internships are made available to our students. Find more information from the research webpage at Arnold School.