“Stand on the shoulders of giants.”
Welcome to the laboratory. We are located in Arnold School of Public Health, Universithy of South Carolina. We are dedicated to seeking ways to a safe and intelligent health system. We apply principles from information science and cognitive science to address practical questions in medicine, public health, and health services. Over the last few years, we have been developing informatics methods and tools that lead to a better understanding of electronic health data.
- [Lab] We welcome Andrew Eidson joining the lab. Andrew is a medical student from the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. He will be working with us as a research intern in the Summer of 2020.
- [Media Coverage] We incorporated Machine Learning into Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to facilitate semi-automated detection of health system vulnerabilities from massive Patient Safety Event (PSE) reports. Our work is reported by Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health (ASPPH).
- [Lab] We welcome new lab members in Spring 2020. Tianchu Lyu is a PhD student at Arnold School of Public Health. He will be working with us as a Graduate Research Assistant. Xiajie Zhou is a visiting student from Nanjing Medical University.
- [Media Coverage] Our paper Leveraging Patient Safety Research: Efforts Made Fifteen Years Since “To Err Is Human” is accepted by MedInfo 2019 at Lyon, France. This work is endorsed by AHRQ Patient Safety Network (PSNet) and Association of Schools & Programs of Public Health (ASPPH).
- [Lab] On August 19, 2019, we settled in the new home at Arnold School of Public Health, UofSC. See our story.